Monday, August 27, 2012

Recovery Mode

Photo via Instagram
My last post was about striking the right balance. I have to confess that while writing that post I was more off balance than ever. Returning from holidays I was hit by a sledge hammer while on the balance beam. It made me crashing down resulting in the worst concussion. All metaphorically speaking of course but still....I had the symptoms of one. Confusion, headache, nausea, vomiting.....
For the last 3 weeks (which is the average recovery period for a concussion) I have been mulling over what hit me, a painful and very personal process. I am still confused but the world keeps turning and there is no use in lingering. Luckily the store and having to prepare for the Maison et Objet has kept me going. However, I could not have done this without the wonderful support of family and friends. Thank you for being there for me xox.


"We have a choice of how we view the obstacles on our life path.
One choice makes us slaves to circumstance,
while the other empowers us, and motivates us
to follow our dreams - and our happiness."
Jonathan Lockwood Huie




2 comments:

  1. Always here. xx
    And I am so proud of how you managed to stand up and and keep on going. Even if the pace was slower and somewhat unsteady. You passed the threshold of pain and set yourself free. The world is yours!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails