Monday, June 27, 2011

Meeting Holly Becker

 Holly signs for a happy Franca of Villa d"Esta
 Bloggers Unite!
 Karine Candice Kong with Kelly Hoppen's social
media representative Jadis Tillery of Dot Talent
With  Kate Baxter (Fabric of my Life) and 
Arianna Trapani (Ariana Interiors)
 All smiles with Holly
having fun with Franca
 
To become a fan of Meet The Blogger on facebook click here


On Saturday I attended a fabulous event: Meet The Blogger Amsterdam, organized by Lise of Urban Style Vibes and Holly Becker of Decor8. Over 120 bloggers attended the event. It was great to finally meet so many colleagues face to face, including Karine Candance Kong of Bodie and Fou, Danielle de Lange of The Style Files, Carole King of Dear Designer's blog and Franca de Jonge of Villa d'Esta.
Holly gave an inspirational talk about how she changed drastically changed her life and dropped a corporate career to pursue her dreams. A girl after my own heart! After her talk she did a signing session for her book "Decorate" a must have style bible for the home which she wrote together with the lovely Joanna Copestick. The book is filled with beautiful pictures, great decorating advice and wonderful quotes and insights from some of the world's best designers, including Jonathan Adler and Betsy Burnham.
Decorate is amongst others available through Amazon.

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice round up! And I'm Still smiling...
    Love to see you and your fab work soon again ;)

    Love Franca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the happy face of Franca all over the bloggers world , you go girl ;)

    And I loved this whole event and to meet you Mariska (sorry I got your name wrong when saying goodbye ... must have been the wine ;)))
    From Amsterdam... Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an amazing time. How great to put so many faces to so many blogging names. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds like such a great event. I am so proud of Lise for taking the initiative to organize this and to get legendary Holly Becker on board!

    Loved the photos and the review.

    Big hugs from afar

    xx C

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I have to admit - I'm pretty jealous. I took Holly's e-class and it was amazing. So inspiring and for more than just blogging. The only signing close to me is four hours away in NYC and getting up there for it looks pretty unlikely. I am enjoying the book though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails