Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yellow & Black - Sweet as Honey

How attractive and inspirational can a colour combination be. On first sight one might think yellow & black is not the most obvious cocktail of colours. It has been on my mind since Anna Spiro's blog post last week showing an image of the Dedar showroom at Maison et Objet (source: Sonia Arriola - image: Katherine Kostreva). It is not that it is a "new" combination. Look at bees, bugs, leopards, NewYork City cabs, the exquisite yellow lamp find on Good Bones Great Pieces , an ad for Raoul Textiles (World of Interiors, April 2004),  my beautiful friend Monique in her yellow outfit or a detail from one of my older designs. I simply see it everywhere. Inspiration is where the mind is. Next week I will show how this yellow & black infusion has inspired some new work!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails