Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Glamour Files - Part II - All about Brass

The Brass Shelves found and lost :)

 Studio last Sunday..

Pierre Vandel coffee table with brass detailing (in my sitting room)

 Brass shelves as seen on The Decorista

 Spot the beautiful brass shelves in the back - Maison21

stunning brass lamps & antilope - Maison 21

or just a tiny brass wall fixture - Maison21
 

Yes I know I promised to give updates on the editing of my interior. Brass is one of the ingredients with which I am spicing up. Ashlina, The Decorista, and I are on the same wave length when it comes to brass. She happened to do a post on brass shelves at the very same moment I was about to purchase some!
So last Friday I was oh so thrilled with my new conquest that I decided to "flaunt" the shelves first before putting them in my appartment. There they were bang bang bling in my Studio where I was hosting a lazy Sunday afternoon drinks & viewing party. BAD IDEA..... a dear client convinced me to sell it to her (along with some pillows from my collection of course :)).
As you may guess since Sunday evening I am frantically hunting for another pair of shelves but it is not easy. I saw the most wonderful pair but I would have to cross the ocean to get it as they are over at Maison 21.  But I think the ocean is there to protect me, otherwise I would buy up its entire contents. The tasteful brain behind Maison21 is Christian May, "a Los Angeles based interior decorator with decided opinions about design". And NO I am not getting any commission from CM, it is simply love!

So the current status of glamming up with brass is down to the brass detailing on my Pierre Vandel coffee table and matching sidetables. C'est la vie!

9 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how you were able to part with them - perhaps an even better piece is on its way to you! I LOVE that antelope, very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny. Good on you for parting with something you love...that's bound to be good brass shelf karma :) Your studio is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they were divine :) Suiting your style perfectly, which is probably why they were taken right from you.. amazing style my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing photos of your space is always an inspiration, Mariska! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, i don't know if i could have done it!! you're a kind and brave woman. those shelves were gorgeous - love brass! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are right! Good karma will surely get to you! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks totally girly and glam...im loving those brass shelves!

    p.s i hope you had a chance to enter my new giveaway here: http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/2010/11/le-mode-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a complete obsession lately with brass. I think it's totally back! Maybe it never was out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails