Friday, April 29, 2011

About Life....

source: BBC
source: CNN

While many of us may be watching the Royal Wedding, the American South East is picking up the pieces after yesterday's destructive storm that claimed nearly 300 lives. With so many consecutive natural disasters one might start questioning the life that one is leading. Life is fragile and precious, it can't be taken for granted. Do you take full advantage of your life or are you wasting it? Since I traded my banking career for an uncertain artistic path I feel my life has become more intense, more real and much more true to myself. I do my best to stay alert to live my life as best as I can.

We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.
Louisa May Alcott

9 comments:

  1. What a great post Mariska. I am one girl who just is not too enthralled with the Royal wedding considering all the other events going on in the world.

    Such a beautiful quote.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful wedding. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the contrast between the two moments is striking. I love the thoughtfulness here and encouragement not to waste our time and life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this message Mariska, I agree on all points! :)

    ~Catherine
    Inspire Bohemia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life and death, sorrow and joy, peace and strife. The world is full of contrasts isn't it. I think we owe it to ourselves to feel for all of it in some way...good, bad, ugly, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true Mariska, great thoughts. Life is whizzing by so fast, it is good to think about it and reassess what you need and want out of life. It is up to each and every one of us to decide our own fate. Have a great weekend!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so absolutely right. I love and appreciate the encouraging quote as well! I did not know you used to be in banking - very inspiring how you've taken a more authentic approach to your life. Thanks for this post.

    Angela

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een ware woorden heb je neergezet.
    Heb ook nog naar het Nederlandse filmpje gekeken.
    Wat goed dat jij gedurft hebt voor jou de keuze van verandering in je leven te nemen.
    Voor mij is....
    Iedere dag is er één en daar kan je een feest van maken!
    Door het beleven van narigheid is dit mijn dag motto geworden, iedere dag, ondanks alles, een beetje tijd voor jezelf en wat leuks proberen te doen en je dit ook realiseren...
    Voor mij is creativiteit de compensatie en ik geniet!
    groeten Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. I live in the south, in an area that has been affected by the storms and Friday's contrast was poignant for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails