Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Glamour Files - Part I

"MMM Hair" pencil drawing on my wall


Lifting a tip of the veil. As announced I am editing my appartment by adding some glamour. First element is art. Although my walls are already covered with quite a selection I recently purchased two wonderful pieces by a gifted Dutch fashion illustrator. His signature pieces are usually in mixed media/collage, but one of the works I purchased is a pencil drawing called "MMM (Maison Martin Margiela) Hair". It was instant love..... Can you guess the artist's name? I will reveal the second signature piece tomorrow!

 

12 comments:

  1. The piece is so elegant, quite lovely. Looking forward to seeing the other one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultra lovely.
    Oh, and ignoring all the other great elements in your home .. I just love your rug (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fabulous. Simple, stylish...glamorous! I love that there's a Martin in one of those M's :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great, I'm not familiar with who the artist might be though I must say, that's often how my hair looks!
    ps thanks for your commets about the book not being published. I agree, something else will come my way in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the drawing! My guess is that it's by Piet Paris. If it is, it's quite unusual, not typical of the work he's known for.
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. And how is it possible to capture so much in just a few simple lines? I love to see what artists buy in the way of art...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanja you have guessed right. It is Piet Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What a cool pad. Love the line art as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails