Sunday, November 21, 2010

My secret life as a Gourmet Groupie

 salt crusted sea bass, long pepper and olive oil
one of Aurélien's favourite wines: Les Jardins des Babylones
marinated sardines, red cabbage jelly, orange zest and green asparagus
 turbot tartar, king crab, fennel ceviche and avocado cream

  Oysters ‘Creuses’, grapefruit, passion fruit and tapioca

with Executive Chef Aurélien Poirot





I have to come clean. Je suis une gourmet groupie. I became one through dear friend and business partner, culinary author and journalist, Lise Goeman Borgesius. A  few years back she started to take me behind the scenes of the culinary world. I am intriged by the high level of creativity and discipline of Les Grandes Chefs and their teams. So whenever I have the opportunity I "dive" into their kitchens.

Food inspires. I just love giving my artistic interpretation of a beautiful recipe. My latest series was commissioned by 5 star hotel Sofitel The Grand in Amsterdam.  I illustrated 5 recipes for Executive Chef Aurélien Poirot of The Grand's restaurant Bridges. The illustrations have been published in the form of culinary boxed notecards. 10 cards with enveloppes, 2x5 designs, blank inside with recipies on the back in English. The boxed note cards will be available through selected book, museum and department stores throughout the Benelux. For store locations outside the Benelux please go to store locations on my website. For online orders webstore.mariskameijers.com.

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful they are! Congratulations. My daughter is also a foodie. Since becoming a gluten-free vegetarian who doesn't like fish, it's hard for me. Your life seems very glamorous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theyre finally done! Love the one with the coral! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! The have such a great Fauvist feel. Congrats Mariska! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good enough to eat! Another Mariska triumph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is perfect! YOu are more than talented!!! Love the colours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You just keep adding things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really stunning Mariska! who can resist food at all? just lovely, congratulations!
    :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails