Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shop Tales: Happy Clients including Decor8 :)

Photo: Courtesy Holly Becker/Decor8  
Photo: Courtesy Marijke Beumer
Having a store is a whole other ball game... I already admired wonderful store owners/interior designers like Anna Spiro (Brisbane), Elizabeth Bauer (New York) and Abigail Ahern (London) but wow how do they manage to run their businesses with such seemingly effortless ease? Having my own store makes me really take my hat off for these power houses in the interior design business. Clueless I stepped into my new adventure and I learn along the way. Logistics, book keeping, buying, stock taking whaaaaaa it is certainly not only about creating lovely vignettes and interiors (and not even that is simple :)). It is soooooo much more. But at the end of the day it is happy customers that make it absolutely worthwhile, because after all the proof is in the pudding!
What I love about my store is the combination of my own art and designs with the work of other artists and designers and vintage furniture and objects that I love. It feels like my second home.
We have been open for just over a month now and what amazes me is how clients already know where to find us eventough we have hardly had the time to market the store. But hurray for social media! Sharing pictures on Instagram for example is ideal for making the store visible!
This is how founder of hugely popular blog Decor 8, Holly Becker fell in love with the beautiful range of lamps by Parisian designer Matthieu Challieres. Holly treated herself to one of these gems because she has just finished her second book called Decorate Notebook which is already on presale on Amazon!
Another happy client is interior designer Marijke Beumer who fell for one of the glass vintage tables we have in the store.  She uses it as a display piece for her collection of books, vintage finds and Hermes boxes. If you like to see more of Marijke's style, her studio apartment in Amsterdam was featured amongst others on Heather Clawson's blog Habitually Chic!

The vintage table has found a happy new home but we still have some Challieres lamps in stock! Interested? Send me an email at info@mariskameijers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails