Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival



Holland has very strong ties to Japan. For over 400 (!) years these two countries have trade relations. A large number of Japanese companies have regional headquarters around Amsterdam. Since a few years the traditional spring festivity Sakura or Cherry Blossom is celebrated in Amstelveen. The Japanese community gathers, cherry blossom trees are planted, traditional Japanese music, green tea, sake, kimono's, origami, one would not imagine oneself to be in Holland. I was invited to show my blossom designs. In this picture I am with former banker and Honorary Consul-General to Japan Mr Jaap Rost Onnes.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to you and your art Mariska. It looks like you had a fun and colourful day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariska, your blog is so cool. I love learning things that I had no idea about, and you put it together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails