Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hermès versus YSL









Choices, choices. A stay in Paris is never long enough and one has to be flexible with plans. The weather was beautiful which meant that we spend a lot of time just sitting outdoors, little bars and brasseries, taking in all that passed us by. My brain felt like the Satorialist. One of the choices that had to be made was visiting the Hermès exhibition at the Institut du Monde Arabe or the Yves Saint Laurant Exhibition at the Petit Palais. I am a fan of both so we flipped a coin.
The Hermes Exhibition honours brilliant Leïla Menchari, who has been for many years the inspiration behind the outrageously beautiful window displays of the Hermès store at 24 Rue Faubourg Saint Honoré. I was not allowed to take photo's inside but the bill board and orange entrance way were photogenic enough already! Sorry Yves I missed you but I have your wedges to wear. What would you have chosen if you would have been in my wedges :) Yves ou Hermès!

More about Paris tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. oooh difficult choice!! but probably Yves...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. choices, choices, choices. i'd have to toss a coin too, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have gone with Hermes as well! That orange wall is the perfect photo backdrop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment! Made my day! The first picture is from Keukenhof. I visited Vondelpark but I only took pictures of a bird there. I will keep on reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living it all vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous.. I would have gone to Hermes with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have choose YSL because he was a brilliant master in design, art and thoughts. He was such an interesting man. I saw a very nice biography of YSL in photographs of him last year in Normandie near de sea. The setting was great. Wish to see the exhibiton in Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't wait to see them both. you've inspired me to go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails